The Centre for Photonics Expertise (CPE) are excited to announce that work is now underway for the installation of a state-of-the-art vacuum coating research facility.
Wrexham-Glyndwr University’s OpTIC Centre is soon to be home to a Bühler Leybold Optics vacuum coating machine. Their SYRUSpro is the industry benchmark for production and R&D applications, allowing us to establish processes and prototypes suitable for mass production.
This state-of-the-art thin-film research and development facility is expected to be operational in summer 2020 and will enable collaborative R&D programs for CPE within the West Wales and Valleys region. The facility will be the first of its kind in Wales and will be available to Welsh companies to develop new processes or products based on thin film technology and for applications leading to the next generation of photonics devices .
Key features of the coating plant will be:
- Chamber width of 1350mm (allows a loading capacity of 277 Ø65mm lenses as well as single or multiple large > Ø300mm substrates)
- Two Electron beam deposition sources for optical and electronic materials
- One thermal evaporator for metals
- Plasma Ion Assisted Deposition RF plasma source to improve the density and quality of thin films.
For more information on how to gain access to this facility, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Precision optics
- Microlithography (EUV, DUV)
- Sensors and filters
- Laser and mirror coatings
- Camera lenses and systems
- Night vision and distance control
- Microscopes and telescopes
- Consumer optics
- Catalog optics
- Edge filters (short and long pass)
- Notch filters
- Narrow bandpass filters
- Dichroic colour filters
- Polarization beam splitters
- (Super) AR coatings
- Laser mirrors
- Cold-light mirrors
- TCO layers
- Self-assembled nanostructures